01 November 2005

Scales and Modes

One of the biggest barriers I've found to learning music is all the scales, modes and chords. A whole ream of endless stuff you have to learn...

Or do you?

I put together this plugin to help me remember where notes go in scales and modes. If you line it up against your piano roll, you can instantly see the notes on the scale, plus the 1st, 3rd and 5th notes.

This one is for FL Studio, but it shouldn't be too hard to make a VSTi out of it.

I've since modified it to include the chord progression index, and changed the display to use the Nashville system. The refresh button is still there due to bug on loading a project.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice.
how to download?

Anonymous said...

I've been here lusting after your plug-in several times now and I, too, would love to know how to download it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pete Goodwin said...

It's not available for download.